Earlier this year at a conference in Copenhagen, director general of the World Health Organization Margaret Chan made the statement that antibiotic resistance could bring about “the end of modern medicine as we know it.”
As it turns out, after 50-60 years of antibiotic use and overuse, many antibiotics no longer work well. There are fewer new antibiotics in development, and the even the heads of the organizations that have promoted antibiotics are starting to come clean concerning the unfortunate and likely scenario of widespread antibiotic resistance.
Vaccines, the other heavy-weight against infectious disease in modern medicine’s arsenal, have been showing signs of inadequacy for years — for those who are paying attention.
Preppers, “dooms-dayers”, Christians, and many others have long been concerned with the notion of novel and deadly plagues, flus, or illnesses that could potentially spread the the populace and kill millions. Whether a global pandemic of some super-bug is a likely scenario or not, right now we are faced with the stark truth that modern medicine is increasingly under-equipped to save us even from routine infection.
Add in the devastating effects of the “Standard American Lifestyle” of overindulgence in low-nutrition and toxic foods and beverages, chronic stress, and long hours of sedentary TV viewing, and it becomes clear that as a nation, we could be headed towards a health apocalypse of our own making. Margaret Chan of the World Health Organization admits that we can no longer rely on pharmaceutical antibiotics, and that we may soon see a day when people will again die of strep throat or a scratched knee.
Sadly, that day is already here. Last week the media reported that Rory Staunton, a 12-year-old boy in New York, scraped his arm while playing basketball in gym class and shockingly, 2 days later died from sepsis (blood poisoning). No antibiotics were able to check the infection and save his life.
Whether you are concerned with medical preparedness, as I and most of my readers are, I hope the information in this article will serve as a wake-up call to do what you can now to reduce your dependency on “modern medicine”, a system which may be sliding off a sandy foundation even as we speak.
Top 3 Problems with Relying on Antibiotics for Infectious Disease–
We have been conditioned to believe that doctors and bodies such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) know what’s best for us and will help us in the event of any large-scale infectious illness. But here is my analysis on the top 3 problems with relying on one of modern medicine’s flagship product — antibiotics.
1) When we take pharmaceutical antibiotics, we are taking in large amounts of a single compound that initially may pack a serious punch against the microbes. But in the long-run, bacteria can mutate relatively easily to become resistant to these single compounds. Overuse of antibiotics has created antibiotic resistant “super-bug” strains of tuberculosis, staphylococcus (MRSA), and others for which there is now no pharmaceutical remedy.
2) Each round of antibiotics taken kills off a person’s natural gut flora — an essential part of the body’s defense against illness — leaving them more vulnerable to future infection, illness, as well as chronic disease. I have reason to believe that the rounds of antibiotics I took as a child for ear infections and as a teenager for acne certainly played a role in my eventual 6-year bout with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.
3) Both of the problems above have been worsening with each subsequent generation as more and more antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains come into being and the gut flora of children born to mothers with unhealthy gut flora is bad, and gets worse as the children are subject to more and more rounds of antibiotics and vaccines at earlier ages.
Top 3 Problems with Relying on Vaccines for Infectious Disease
The other lynchpin of modern medicine against infectious disease is vaccines. We have been taught that vaccines have saved the world from epidemics of smallpox, polio, measles, mumps, whooping cough, flu, and a host of other illnesses. Even if that’s true, which there is ample evidence that it may not be, the problems associated with the widespread vaccination of the populace have been coming to light more and more. Here are the top 3 problems with relying on vaccines to preserve our health and save us from infectious disease –
1) Vaccines switch the immune system making individuals more susceptible to such things as allergies, asthma, anaphylaxis, eczema, cancer, autoimmune disease, cold and flu, candida, parasites, cancer, neurological and behavioral issues and much, much more. This is documented and uncontested as far as I have seen. So when we take that vaccine against measles, mumps, or rubella, we may be trading in those childhood illnesses for a childhood of ADD or cancer 50 years later.
2) Not only are there no long-term studies demonstrating the safety of any vaccine on the market, but in our day when the average baby born can expect to receive a whopping 49 vaccines by age 6, negative reactions to vaccines appear to be taking place more and more frequently. Vaccine proponents vehemently disagree, but there is evidence that vaccines may contribute or even cause the development of such things as neurological problems, autism, and death in some cases.
It’s no wonder — vaccines are made up of a crazy cocktail of ingredients known to be toxic that we are injecting right into the body and the blood. Our bodies have been equipped to handle microbes that come in through normal routes of entry — the digestive tract and mucous membranes. But we bypass those safeguards completely when we inject viruses, bacteria, and the soup of chemicals and biological fragments in which they come, directly into the body. And we’re doing this repeatedly to the most vulnerable in our society — babies and small children!
3) If vaccines were demonstrated to be highly effective and safe for the majority of the population, which they haven’t, it might be worth it to risk autism, autoimmune illness, cancer, and death of a few in order to save lives. But questions abound concerning whether vaccines even work as we have been told. Recently it came out that data on the mumps vaccine was purposely fudged by the drug companies in order to make their vaccine appear more effective than it really was. The flu shot, as research now shows, helps on average only 1.5 out of 100 people who get it to avoid the flu. And upwards of 70% of the people getting whooping cough in modern epidemics were vaccinated against the illness as children.
Top 3 Problems with the Standard American Lifestyle & How It Contributes to Disease
There are few in today’s society who would contest that our American lifestyle is a major culprit in many of our illnesses. Here are a few reasons why –
1) The foods we eat and beverages most of us ingest most of the time leave an acidic residue in body leading to chronic inflammation and making us more susceptible to illness. It always makes me sad to see little kids eating tons of sugar, processed dairy and grains and having the constant snotty nose, ear infection, or emotional meltdown. (I was one of these kids, by the way.) It’s sad that so many young adults are getting chronic headaches, sinus infections, and digestive problems. I had chronic migraines when I was younger, and as a high school student, I used to eat fast food — McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, or Wendy’s — daily for lunch. No wonder by age 24 I got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome! Mid-life and the “golden years” for people entrenched in the Standard American Lifestyle leads them to develop heart disease, diabetes, cancer, dementia, or arthritis at increasingly younger ages. Good thing I changed course in my early 20′s!
2) The constant stress, lack of physical activity or quality rest, and too much time in front of a TV or computer screen runs us down through time. Our bodies were made to work hard and to rest well, and far too many of us get far too little of either.
3) Have an ill? Take a pill! American’s love of popping pills for everything under the sun (while never getting to the root cause of illness) leads to stresses on the liver & kidneys and makes us sicker in the long-run.
If our ability as a society to handle infectious disease was beyond hope, I wouldn’t bring it up. But there is much reason for hope. Common sense measures that most of our grandmothers knew and practiced protect us from all disease, including communicable illness, and without any negative side effects at all! Stay tuned for future articles where I break down the importance of sanitation, nutrition, hydration, rest, exercise, a healthy attitude, healthy gut flora, and Mother Nature’s medicines to help us stay healthy and fight off disease — in many or most cases without needing to rely on modern medicine.
This will come as good news not only to preppers out there concerned with preparing for any future pandemic, but to every mom, dad, and thinking individual who doesn’t want to go down with the increasingly likely collapse of modern medicine.
Julie Behling-Hovdal is a reflexologist/holistic healer and founder of Essential Survival where she teaches people how to prepare for the #1 cause of death in the event of an economic collapse — lack of access to medicines. In 2005 Julie was able to get off 4 prescription drugs and heal from a 6-year stint of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia with products from Young Living Essential Oils. Get a free copy of her report “Fast Track Survival Medicines at http://essentialsurvival.org/fast-track-survival-medicines/ .
Statements made about the essential oils that come in the Essential Oil Survival Kit and other products offered by Essential Survival have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician.
Last updated byat .