Are You Really Ready?
You’ve got your first-aid supplies tucked away in your 72-hour emergency kit, a family evacuation plan, and a home storage of water for emergency use. But in the event of injury during natural disaster, how effective will those two aspirin tablets really be for severe pain? Is a little disinfectant pad really going to cut it for a deep wound? And what about electrocution, carbon monoxide poisoning, or exposure to toxic chemicals? These are all common issues in the aftermath of disasters.
Take a look at some of our powerful adjuncts to the traditional first-aid kit — therapeutic-grade essential oils that are scientifically proven to reduce inflammation, clear toxins, and fight infections. Non-toxic and safe for the entire family and with no expiration date, you’ll want to have the essential oils in our Essential Oil Survival Kit on hand should disaster ever strike in your locale.
Essential Oils for Injuries Common in Disasters
- Stop bleeding — Apply lavender oil neat to cuts, scrapes, and all types of wounds to stop the bleeding.
- Relieve shock — Inhale peppermint, frankincense, and/or Valor oils. Diffuse 50/50 and apply to temples and back of neck. Also, apply vetiver oil to the big toes and temples. Inhale.
- Relieve pain — Apply PanAway or peppermint oils neat or diluted on site of soft tissue injuries or headaches. For open wounds, use lavender oil.
- Head injury — Apply 1 drop each of frankincense and peppermint oils to soft palate 2-3x/day or as needed.
- Prevent wound infection — Lavender disinfects and heals wounds of all types. Apply neat on location or dilute with a carrier oil. Thieves or Purification can be used for further disinfection. Apply neat or diluted directly to wound as needed.
Essential Oils for Post-Disaster Injuries
- Animal bites — Cleanse the bite with a couple of drops of Thieves oil neat or diluted. Diluted peppermint oil may be dabbed around the bite for pain.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning — Immediately move the affected individual to an area with fresh air, and call for medical help. To help re-oxygenate the body, do the following protocol every 3-4 hrs. Massage a few drops of Valor on bottoms of feet. Sprinkle several drops of Purification oil along the spine and lightly massage into the tissue. Diffuse Purification oil and massage 4 drops on the feet, focusing on the balls of the feet, tops of feet, and bases of toes.
- Electrocution — Apply frankincense oil neat along the temples, neck, and spine. For electrical burns, apply helichrysum oil to help the tissue to regenerate.
- Chemical exposure — Apply 3-7 of lavender, lemon, or Purification oils (or a mixture of the oils) on area of absorption (ie hands). Cover with clean cotton gloves or fabric, wrap lightly with cotton bandages, keep on all night.
- Heat exhaution — Apply peppermint oil to feet and across shoulders. Apply a cold, damp towel over the area for further cooling. Peppermint oil may also be added to drinking water to keep cool (avoid plastic containers).
*Please seek immediate medical help, if available, in addition to these essential oil remedies for these very serious injuries.*
“I cut my index finger open right on top just above the knuckle on a sharp metal edge. It needed a couple stitches. Instead, I put lavender oil on it 3-4 times a day for about 5 days. With just the first drop, the flap of skin sealed itself shut and the bleeding slowed until it stopped bleeding completely about 2 hours later.
After the bleeding stopped, I no longer needed a band-aid. It was completely closed in about 4 days and I didn’t even thing about it again. Today, about 6 months later, all you can see is a small red mark – no scar! I continue to put lavender on it (when I think about it) to completely get ride of the redness. I’m sure if I would have been more diligent to continue to put the lavender on, I probably wouldn’t have the redness!”
- Annamarie D., MI
“My first profound experience with the essential oils was when I was at the Woodford Folk Festival on a very hot day. I was suffering from heat exhaustion and feeling very unwell. My daughter, Helen placed three drops of peppermint oil across the top of my shoulders and neck and then placed a damp towel over the area. I sat there and literally felt the heat drawing from my body. From then on I was hooked on Young Living essential oils.”
- Diane S., Australia
“We had a 5 week old kitten bite through an electrical cord – it had damage to the skin and oral tissues of the mouth from the trauma.
I gave the kitten one drop of helichrysum essential oil directly into it’s mouth and rubbed one drop of frankincense over it’s back with our hand (light application). The kitten was also placed on a heating pad, and received fluids under the skin for hydration.
The kitten immediately calmed down. Within 2 hours, the kitten was acting almost 100% normal, and crying to be out of it’s cage. She started purring as soon as I held her, where before she was paddling her legs and scrambling frantically.”
- Melissa S., MN
“Last winter, my husband did not have the proper boots and the result was two frostbitten toes on each foot. These toes were numb for about two weeks and painful when his feet were cold. The ends of the toes were black.
This winter, he was starting to have some pain again. We knew he needed some help in healing. I grabbed Melrose oil and he applied it once or twice per day. In two weeks time, scabs formed and fell off, the skin looks pink again, and the pain is gone.”
- Therese B., MN
People who enjoyed this article also enjoyed:
Julie Behling-Hovdal is a reflexologist/holistic healer and founder of Essential Survival where she teaches people how to prepare for the #1 cause of death in the event of an economic collapse — lack of access to medicines. In 2005 Julie was able to get off 4 prescription drugs and heal from a 6-year stint of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia with products from Young Living Essential Oils. Get a free copy of her report “Fast Track Survival Medicines” at http://essentialsurvival.org/fast-track-survival-medicines/
We are here to serve you. If you have any questions about the value of our products in helping you be prepared to take care of your health, please contact us.
Statements made about the essential oils that come in the Essential Oil Survival Kit and other products offered by Essential Survival have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician.
Last updated byat .