When Just a Band-Aid Won’t Do
From broken bones to sprains and swimmer’s ear, summertime can be an especially active time for children’s injuries and health conditions. Sometimes, injuries are severe enough for a trip to the ER. But more often than not, such injuries are relatively minor. There is much you can do yourself to bind up the wound and get your little one on the mend in no time at all!
Check out these simple and effective essential oil remedies that are safe enough for your tiniest tot, yet strong enough for adults as well –
Common Injuries and Our Essential Oil Remedies
- Nosebleed — Put a drop of lavender oil on a tissue and wrap the tissue around a small ice chip. Place the tissue-wrapped ice chip under the middle of the top lip at the base of the nose until bleeding stops.
- Swimmer’s ear — Apply a couple of drops of Purification oil behind the ears (never in the ears) 2-3x/day until symptoms resolve.
- Tooth injuries — Dilute Thieves oil with olive oil in a 1:1 ratio and apply to injured tooth several times per day.
- Poison ivy/poison oak — Apply peppermint or frankincense neat or diluted on location.
- Hives — Dilute peppermint oil 50/50 and apply on location.
- Broken bones — Apply PanAway oil neat or diluted on location, avoiding any open wounds. Seek medical attention.
- Cuts/scrapes/bruises — Apply peppermint, lavender, or PanAway oils neat or diluted 1-3x/day to site of injury.
- Sprains/strains – PanAway oil naturally soothes pain in muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones due to injury or due to chronic conditions. Massage diluted or neat on location (dilution is recommended especially for larger areas). Peppermint oil may be added.
- Heat exhaustion — Apply a couple of drops of peppermint oil neat to the back of neck and shoulders. For added effect, place a cool wet washcloth over the area. Peppermint oil can also be applied to the feet. Get medical help if severe symptoms persist.
- Puncture wound — Apply several drops each of Thieves and Purification oils to the wound, neat or diluted. Apply PanAway around the wound if painful.
*Please use good judgment. For severe injuries or symptoms, seek the guidance of a qualified health care practitioner.*
Learn dozens of first aid uses for essential oils with
Julie Behling-Hovdal is a reflexologist/holistic healer and founder of Essential Survival where she teaches people how to prepare for the #1 cause of death in the event of an economic collapse — lack of access to medicines. In 2005 Julie was able to get off 4 prescription drugs and heal from a 6-year stint of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia with products from Young Living Essential Oils. Get a free copy of her report “Fast Track Survival Medicines” at http://essentialsurvival.org/fast-track-survival-medicines/.
Statements made about the essential oils that come in the Essential Oil Survival Kit and other products offered by Essential Survival have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician.