From the Perspective of a Holistic Healer –
Are You Prepared?
I am not the first person to put together a medical preparedness checklist — there are already some great resources out there on medical preparedness. The ones I’ve come across are written by doctors or nurses and primarily focus on what you need to handle injury and infectious disease — various types of bandages and medicines.
One of the main problems with preparing for a potential economic collapse is that we need to be able to take care of our health with low or no technology. I’ve heard some of these experts say that an economic collapse could take us back to where we were 150 years ago in terms of medical technology.
It just so happens that low-tech healing is my specialty. Not did low-tech medicine heal me from a severely debilitating autoimmune illness, but it’s how I’ve helped dozens and dozens of my clients! Low-tech medicines such as essential oils, herbs, and super-foods are among my favorites. Low-tech aspects of a healthy lifestyle, such as exercise, breath work, meditation, and a healthy diet, are essential for optimal health. And low-tech holistic healing modalities such as reflexology, acupressure, EFT, and Matrix Energetics work together with natural medicines and a healthy lifestyle to get to the heart of disease much more readily than high-tech medicines in many cases!
One of the things I appreciate most about some of the medical preparedness checklists I’ve come across is that the Western-oriented medical professionals that have written them recommend some holistic remedies. Most of them address the wisdom of preparing with herbs and essential oils to some degree, and I applaud them for doing so.
Even still, the more knowledge on essential oils, herbal medicine, and holistic modalities the better because not only do these things dramatically increase a person’s ability to effectively handle injury and infectious disease, but they also are the most powerful means I am aware of to address the top two medical-related causes of death in an economic collapse — lack of access to prescription drugs and grief/despair.
Whether or not you’ve already seen some of these medical preparedness checklists and acted upon them, I hope you’ll take a look at and take action on mine, which is different than the rest for two reasons:
1) It is coming from the perspective of a holistic healing practitioner who exclusively uses low/no-tech modalities for healing and has gotten great results over a period of several years; and
2) It addresses the issues of getting off Rx drugs and handling grief and emotional distress head-on.
The Essential Survival Collapse Medicine Preparedness Checklist
- For injury and infectious disease, get a good first-aid kit as well as the Essential Oil Survival Kit and “101 Uses for 9 Essential Oils in a Disaster”,
- Get off Rx drugs. “Medical Preparedness for Adults” outlines essential oils, nutritional supplements, and lifestyle changes that can help with heart disease, depression & anxiety, chronic pain, thyroid problems, flu, and much more.
- Learn how to use herbs — the Essential Survival Herb Kit is a great place to start, gives you access to videos demonstrating how to make poultices, tinctures, and much more.
- Learn to identify herbs in your local area, start growing herbs at home.
- Stockpile the essential oils, herbs, and supplements you need. If it is not possible to replace all Rx drugs, find a way to stockpile your Rx drug.
- Get trained in medic skills such as CPR, dressing wounds, suturing wounds, and setting bones.
- Get trained in holistic healing skills. Some examples are reflexology, acupressure, EFT, and Matrix Energetics. There are many more to choose from …
- Develop your faith in God or whoever/whatever your higher power is.
- Learn to meditate and quiet your mind.
- Store foods supportive of your particular health needs. I recommend super-foods such as chia seeds, dried wolfberries/goji berries, sprouting seeds, maca powder, kefir grains, a kombucha mushroom, and etc…
Julie Behling-Hovdal is a reflexologist/holistic healer and founder of Essential Survival where she teaches people how to prepare for the #1 cause of death in the event of an economic collapse — lack of access to medicines. In 2005 Julie was able to get off 4 prescription drugs and heal from a 6-year stint of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia with products from Young Living Essential Oils. Get a copy of her free report “Fast Track Survival Medicines” at http://essentialsurvival.org/fast-track-survival-medicines/.
Statements made about the essential oils that come in the Essential Oil Survival Kit and other products offered by Essential Survival have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician.
Last updated byat .